Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Chicken Pox

We think Hallie had the Chicken Pox recently.

I say "think" because we didn't take her to the doctor to get an actual diagnosis.

I looked up a lot of pictures on the computer, and I am pretty sure that's what is was.

She started with a low grade fever which is very typical of chicken pox.

The next day she had these little bumps on her legs and back.

They started looking like small blister bumps, and more were popping up all over.

Then they started to itch a little.

We got some calamine lotion for the itch and she was acting pretty normal.

She would sit so still as we applied it to every bump we could.

After a few days, there were no more showing up, and the one's she had were starting to scab over and heal.

They are very faint now, and she is feeling good.

We are not sure where she would have been exposed since most kids are vaccinated against chicken pox these days, and very few kids get them.

We did go to a play group with some other kids a few weeks ago, but I don't know that any of them having it.

Who knows..all I know is she is better now, and I'm happy.



No comments:

Post a Comment