Thursday, April 7, 2011

Yummy breakfast, (or snack) recipe...

Ok, so its taken me all week to finally update my last post..

First off, the homemade protein bars came out delicious!!! They were so easy, and yummy! Every single one got eaten. I plan on making more soon, and I will share the recipe!

But, first I want to give the recipe that was pictured in my last post.

It is a bowl of muesli, Organic Greek Yogurt, banana, and blueberries.






Such a healthy, yet scrumptious snack. The only thing I need to tell you how to make is the muesli..

This recipe is a raw food, and very healthy..

There are many different variations, but I will just give you the one we make.

My husband is actually the one who found the recipe, and he makes the batch each time. It produces a pretty big bowl of it and usually last us about a week. We have it for breakfast, with mixed fresh organic berries on top! mmmm....


7 medium organic apples

1 cup organic rolled oats

1/4 cup organic raisins and/or dried cranberries (I like both)

1/4 cup crushed organic almonds and/or walnuts (I like both)

1/2 teaspoon organic cinnamon

Cut the apples into wedges and remove core.

Juice the apple wedges in a juicer, and reserve 2 1/4 cups of the juice and 1/2 cup of the pulp.

In a medium size bowl, combine the apple juice, pulp, oats, raisins, nuts, and cinnamon. Mix well. Cover bowl and place in refrigerator overnight.

Thats it! Pretty easy.

I like to add Organic Greek Yogurt, honey or vanilla flavored to mine. Along with bananas, blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment