Thursday, April 21, 2011

Giving props:))

So, I just read a post on someone elses page (The Rockin' Mamma Blog,) , and it made me want to write about what is was like being a single Mom, and what its like having a husband, or 2 parent household.

Two totally different worlds! I will just say right off the bat, it is WAY easier, better, whatever word you want to use, having a husband there to help raise a child.

I was a single parent to J-bird for 8 years.

I met Joe when J-bird was only 1 1/2 years old, but we were not exclusive, committed, and were on-and-off for a looong time.

Those years were very hard on me and Im sure hard on Jalen also.

I was trying to make a life for the 2 of us, so I was in nursing school, which was one of the hardest things Ive ever done.

Not to mention trying to raise a child, pay the bills, and just plain keep it together. Luckily, I can say I made it through, and I am very proud of that accomplishment.

I know in my heart everything happens for a reason, and I now truely believe that Joe and I were not meant to be at the time we met.

Back then I thought we were, but if we hadnt broken up, I probably would have never gained my independence, and went to nursing school.

That being said, it was a very stressful time for me. I was not the best parent in the world. I yelled alot, said things I now regret, and was not the patient Mom that Jalen deserved.

At the time, all I wanted was for Joe to come rescue me.

I wanted him to love me and Jalen. I wanted him to be Jalen's Dad.

I did not want to be the Mom and the Dad, but I had to.

It was hard. Very hard.

Now that we are finally married, he adopted J-bird, we adopted little Sugar bear, and have our little family in order, things are looking up.

Joe is there for me when I need him. He is a very hands on father.

When he sees that I am getting impatient or irritable, he will take over or step in.

When I have had a fussy baby all day (doesnt happen real often), the laundry needs done, and I have no dinner plans, he comes home with a smile and immediately relieves me.

He will take the baby, start helping Jalen with his homework, and will let me do whatever I want.

That may be starting dinner, taking a bath, or retreating to my room for a moment of silence.

He is the best! I really mean that.

So, THANK YOU JOE for just being you.

THANK YOU for being a good husband and father.

THANK YOU for loving Jalen and Hallie Rose the way you do.

Our life is much more enriched with you in it.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment