Wednesday, March 9, 2011

knowledge is power

This afternoon, after J-bird got home from school, we decided to take a trip out to Uncle Casey's office.

Jalen bought a small vending machine on Ebay for $60. Casey said if he filled it with healthy stuff, then he could put it at his office. So, he filled it with almonds, peanuts, and trail-mix. We will see how it goes...

On my way home, I was thinking about how good I felt, being that I just got adjusted.

Uncle Casey is a Chiropractor.

It runs in the family. My Dad,  2 of my brothers, and one of my younger brother's is in school for it now. I also have 2 cousins who are in the same profession.

I am a firm believer in that Chiropractic is a great tool for health prevention.

They are also very valuable when a person is injured, sick, having headaches, and many other ailments.

It works! I've seen it happen so many times on so many people.

Today, I got adjusted, J-bird got adjusted and so did baby Hallie. We all have been getting regular adjustments since we were just babies.

J-bird has a sore ankle (we are unsure why), and has been limping around for 3 days. I was starting to get worried, but after having Casey adjust it  Jalen swears it is already better!

In my family, we try not to take any pharmaceutical meds, or even over the counter meds. We try all natural remedies first and foremost.

We hardly ever get sick, but if by chance we start to get a cold or the flu, we will go get adjusted and up our dose of Vitamin C and Vitamin D. It works everytime, and rarely ever turns into anything.

For sore throat, we will take a spoonful of honey, with some fresh squeezed lemon.

For ear aches, I use warm olive oil in the ear.

J-bird is 12 years old and has been on an antibiotic one time his whole life!

He has been prescribed antibiotics a couple of times when he was younger for what the Dr said was an "ear infection", but I never gave it to him, and instead used my all natural remedy of olive oil in the ear. It went away on its own each time.

I feel the over use of antibiotics is detrimental to a persons immune system. It kills all bacteria, good and bad, and the body then builds up a resistance to that antibiotic.

So, what you will see happen alot of times is, the infection will come back, the antibiotic dose will be increased, or a stronger one will be used. And it happens again, and again..

There are certain uses for antibiotics, but sometimes are way over prescribed.

Our healthcare system, should be called a sick care system. Thats what it does. Treats you when you are sick. They do not do alot of health promotion and prevention of disease.

After all, there is no money in it for them if we all stay healthy.

Too many people look to the Doctor as a God, who has all the answers. They do not.

Take your health into your own hands, do some research, and open your mind to the possibilities.

Knowledge is power.




No comments:

Post a Comment