Tuesday, March 4, 2014

march 2014 update

So, I haven't been here in a while and I have been thinking about checking in for a few days now. I keep having the thoughts "oohh I should blog about this, or that".. So, here I am and I just want to give an update on us. Joe is going on a motorcycle trip through Central America here soon, and so it will be just the kids and I for a while. At first I was a little nervous to be with the kids by myself for so many weeks without the help of family, but Im good with it now and know it will be all good. My kids are awesome and I love being with them everyday so that helps:)

The weather here has been a little rainy and cold(er) lately. I like waking up and wearing sweatpants and sweatshirts. Its all nice and cozy. I get my tea going, breakfast for the little girl and we snuggle under covers for a while before starting our day. We do miss going to the beach in the hot sun, but I am appreciative of the milder weather and loving every minute of it. I did stop at a great beach today for kids and we swam for a bit. The sun was shining and it felt great to get in the ocean. I feel so blessed to live where I do and encourage anyone who has ever contemplated moving some place tropical, to do so. Its not for everyone, but it sure is for me!!

I have been doing something new which I absolutely love and don't ever want to go without again…every night I go into my room and for like 30-45 minutes I do some yoga stretches and then I meditate. At first I just did some short guided meditations on you tube, and now Im up to doing 20-30 min ones. I really love it and feel it has helped me to be more relaxed and trusting of my life. I don't let things get me stressed or let the fears and anxiety take over anymore like I used to. When that starts to happen I am now able to stop the negative thoughts and ground myself back to that peaceful, loving state. Its amazing!

~~I guess thats all for now~~



No comments:

Post a Comment