Thursday, December 15, 2011

busy busy..

Man, I feel like its so hard for me to find the time(alone) to sit down and blog.

I don't like to do it when Hallie is awake, as it is much harder to get done.

I have been so busy lately.

First and fore most, taking care of Hallie Rosebud.

We are on the go a lot, either taking walks/runs in the morning, going to the Mothersongs classes at Princeville Community Center(they sing songs and play with instruments), or to playdates of which are in abundance on the island. Not to mention the every day stuff like going to the grocery store, feeding her, changing her, laundry, cleaning, taking baths, ya get my drift....

Joe has been in a class Monday-Friday, preparing to take the test to become a licensed real estate agent.

So, he is gone from 6:40 am till around 6:30 pm.

I have been working on a Christmas gift to all of our friends and family back home in Kansas, which has been a pretty lengthy process.

Then, I am working on the letter "G", that I volunteered (happily) to make for a little girls "alphabet" room.

I am verrrry limited on supplies, because Wal-mart is the only place we have that sells any "crafty" stuff, and its an hour away!

I made it work with crayola paints, and dirt from outside...didn't even have glue. I just used brown pain, then sprinkled dirt on it while it was wet.

I am a little concerned (well ok, alot) that it is not going to look like this when it arrives, going from Hawaii to Canada.

I am trying to think of different ways to package it, but as of now, have not come up with anything I'm completely sure about.

My "G" stands for GARDEN...

Last night was a long one.

Jalen had his first ever choir concert at Island School.

Hallie and I went down towards Lihue a little early, so that we could make a pit stop at Wal-mart, since they are right by each other.

His concert started at 7, but the kids had to be there at 5:30.

Totally not convenient for the parents who live on the North Shore.

I stopped before I left the north shore and got us burritos from a place called Fredrico's for dinner.

Beans, cheese, rice, and avocado.

Joe met Hallie and I at Wal-mart after his class, and we drove to the school together.

We backed up to some grass, opened up the back of the Xterra and ate our food, while running around after little Sugar Bear.

She would come in for a bite, then run off, and one of us would have to chase after her.

Turned out Jalen couldnt come outside, so he did not get to eat until after the concert.

His teacher is kind of "obcessive" about his choir.

Its his baby, so everything had to be perfect.

He sent numerous e-mails out to the parents prior to the concert, reiterating what the dress code was, proper procedures, times, no food or drink,  etc..

They sang a lot of cool Christmas songs, some with a Hawaiian twist.

Jalen got the part of the "bell ringer" in one of the songs.

He did it perfect.

Hallie was not very interested, and so we had to keep walking out of the auditorium with her.

I actually left at one point and tried to get her to fall asleep by driving around, when that didnt work I tried the Ergo baby carrier.

She wasnt having I went back in.

The concert was over, and we handed Jalen his lei.

It is customary over here to give the kids a lei after a performance, or graduation, or any special occassion.

Jalen was a little shy about it, so he would only put it on outside for me to snap a pic.

I am so proud of him!

He did a great job.

He is a very talented and unique boy.

She finally fell asleep on the way home, but not before a good cry..

No comments:

Post a Comment